Job Title: Material Specialist II (Material Handler II)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Primary role picking, pulling & staging Work Orders for the Production floor
- Ensures that Work Order components, supplies, labels, subassemblies, and/or products are labeled correctly before being dispensed/distributed
- Organizes, maintains, distributes and receives materials
- Performs cycle-counts of materials locations records results to Inventory clerk
- Packaging and Shipping support as required
- Other duties as assigned (these job requirements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel)
- Employees will be required to work in an air conditioned office space and possibly perform some tasks in our non-temperature controlled warehouse space
- Fast paced environment with flexibility to changing requirements
- Undergraduate degree (B.S. or B.A.) or A.S./high school diploma with 2+ years of materials and/or manufacturing-related experience
- Employee may be required to lift objects up to 25 lbs or more
- Good organizational skills, attention to details, and follow-through skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet/database software
- Ability to utilize both manual and integrated software ERP systems (Intuitive experience preferred)
- Basic mathematical skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.