Position will provide administrative support to distribution operations while serving as a liaison between distribution, customers, vendors, sales, and customer service. Will work with all necessary departments or outside vendors to resolved distribution issues.
- Receive, prioritize, and direct warehouse phone calls, e-mails, and voice messaging including order inquiries.
- Along with Management meet with local carriers to discuss freight claims and process and initiate recovery for inbound and outbound freight claims.
- Respond to inquiries of customer orders in the Warehouse Management System and inventory control system.
- Provide Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Certificate of Analysis (C of A) as requested.
- Update, assist and cancel orders in the order pool Interface Recovery reports as necessary.
- General administrative duties such as filing, faxing, answering phones, and preparing correspondence.
- Provide assistance and training to other Logistics Support Representatives as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- General warehouse experience is preferred.
- Worker should have or be willing to obtain forklift certification and prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably a cherry picker.
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and coverage.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.