Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- the installation of a Talos atbthe University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and more than 50,000 employees in 50 counties. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life science research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
The System Integration Group is a multidisciplinary technical team (size: +/-20 persons) that is responsible for system integration of large scale system projects like Titan microscopes. With our team we run approximately 3 large scale system projects in parallel. Besides system integration we also work on Non Standard Requests to deliver customer specific solutions.
As a System/Reliability Engineer you will initiate, support, enable and develop a reliability/quality improvement program for System designs, and subsystem designs. You will evaluate (sub-)system performance and map the performance against the requirements, identify and analyze risk areas, and propose necessary improvements in products and development processes in order to increase customer satisfaction, decrease Cost of Non Quality, and ultimately improve the value wedge of FEI products.
- Responsible for reliability test definition (including Test to Failure, ALT, HALT, Endurance test, Marathon test)
- Providing input to the top level project test plan.
- Performing reliability tests (including Test to Failure, ALT, HALT, Endurance test, Marathon test)
- Analyzing reliability test results
- Responsible for the “Design for Reliability” (DfR) process, in order to lower warranty costs and increase customer satisfaction
- Institutionalization of reliability practices into development projects.
- Definition of reliability targets, define reliability budget breakdown
- Reliability analysis (part of warranty prediction)
- Determine Physics of Failure
- Train colleagues on DfR
- Involve suppliers in DfR
- Improving field reliability
- Analyze field performance
- Analyze customer feedback
- Execute root cause analysis
- Rank improvement action based on impact on reliability
- Initiate improvement actions, track progress and present results to stakeholders
- Responsible for risk assessment “Failure Mode And Effects analysis” (FMEA) process on module and system level.
- Contributing to Safety Risk Assessment (SRA) process.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
- Bachelor or Academic degree in Mechanical, Electronics or Mechatronic engineering.
- Knowledgeable on state-of-the-art quality/reliability engineering aspects including application of statistics (Weibull, Crow-AMSAA, HALT, CALT, Six Sigma, …)
- Experience on part, module and system reliability.
- Preferably experience in field data analysis.
- More than 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with designing and testing of low volume, complex high tech systems.
- Experience with the different development disciplines (hardware, software, mechanics, mechatronics and physics).
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is big plus
- Knowledge of (SEMI) standards
- Semi E10 (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.