Account Manager, Laboratory Equipment, Life Science Solutions and Chemicals etc.
Do you enjoy creating results in a fast-paced environment, and do you want to be an important part of a strong commercial team working together to help our customers make the world a better place? Do you have a solid scientific or commercial background and a passion for sales? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Customer Channels Group / Fisher Scientific, and serve our great portfolio in Denmark. Reporting to Regional Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving and supporting direct sales whilst maximizing profitability through effective territory planning and organization of territory sales calls.
The Fisher Scientific brand offers convenient access to the most comprehensive supply of products and services enabling our customers in scientific research, safety, healthcare, and education to increase productivity and efficiency. Through our extensive global channel, we provide a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services.
In this role you will be driving the business strategies in your designated territory, forecasting and providing marketing/competitive feedback while always ensuring customer satisfaction.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Meet or exceed business goals of our commercial targets for the territory
- Drive the tactical implementation of the business plan – including sales to new accounts, successful introduction of new products, and the retention of current customer
- Maintain effective customer relationships and assure continued market penetration and profitability by making in depth calls to end user and purchasing contacts
- Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services
- Work closely with fellow sales team members within the customer, e.g. Specialist representatives.
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its products within the various markets in which we operate. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization
- Establish relationships with key suppliers and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company
We are looking for:
We are looking for someone who wants a strong sales career within a global organization: Someone who operates on a high compliance level and have excellent work ethics – always with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s of Science degree (Micro Biology, Pharma, Agronomy, Business or similar) with some years of relevant commercial experience
- Laboratory experience across a wide range of sectors including pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments would be an advantage, particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace for laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals
- A strong business acumen and the ability to compile and analyze customer feedback
- Proactive and team-oriented personality with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven track record in a customer-facing role from similar or adjacent industry
- A passion for being on the road visiting clients. Most customers are within the Copenhagen-area but you are happy to travel when it is needed
- Proficient user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, SFDC is a plus as is working knowledge of GMP
- Fluent English language as well as Danish both written and spoken
- Clean drivers license.
What we offer:
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- Help and support to achieve your career goals
- Be part of exciting projects to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business area
Application deadline is August 27, 2017