When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Quality Control Associate Chemist - Particles, you will use standard operating procedures and GDP/GMP to conduct routine testing of particle bulks and finished goods. You may be asked to participate in projects for troubleshooting, process improvement, and new product transfer.
- Perform routine testing and analysis of products using different instrumentation.
- Perform record review on departmental paperwork and completed batch records.
- Maintain and analyze lot histories for trends and discrepancies.
- Initiate and/or process NCARs, CAPAs and deviations when appropriate.
- Perform troubleshooting of issues which arise during routine analysis.
- Document test results, problems and other relevant information under cGMPs.
- Perform simple revisions and updates to SOPs as necessary.
- Lead process improvement activities (e.g. analytical methodology, SOPs).
- Participate in interdepartmental meetings.
- Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the department as assigned by Supervisor.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Keep department lead or supervisors updated on all issues.
- BS/BA in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Bioscience with 0-5 yrs Quality Assurance/Quality Control or laboratory experience, preferably in the medical diagnostics industry. Demonstrated ability and/or additional experience may be considered in lieu of a BS/BA degree.
- Strong laboratory skills including pipetting, safety, and hazardous chemical handling.
- Experience in particle/polymer science is not required but is a plus.
- Good attention to detail and careful work habits are required.
- Understanding of cGMP and how it applies to the work environment is preferred.
- High level of reading comprehension and verbal communication skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions with a high level of accuracy. Must be able to write clear, understandable documentation.
- Manual dexterity must be able to lift/move up to 20 pounds.
- High level of proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage priorities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform data analysis and to summarize results. Basic math skills including calculation of concentrations and dilutions and a strong grasp of algebraic concepts.
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with particle characterization equipment is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.