The Credit Analyst plays an important role in our sales process and finance department by ensuring the timely order release and risk management of our customers. This position is responsible for managing the risk of loss of our customers, order release and other various responsibilities as needed.
- Assess credit risk and establish credit limits.
- Analyze customer financial statements.
- Provide support to Supply Chain and Sales personnel to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize risk.
- Provide customer service and develops relationships with internal/external customers. Maintain accurate credit files. Maintain electronic collect notes for each customer account.
- Train, counsel, advise, and communicate credit department policy and procedures to company personnel.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements.
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills.
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for Windows (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is required.
- Self motivated; high bias for action
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Letter of credit and other and knowledge a plus
- SAP experience preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.