When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Product Managers at Thermo Fisher Scientific work directly with customers and industry thought leaders to understand the existing and future technology needs of the marketplace. The Global Product Manager will be responsible for developing the product strategy for the Molecular Biology PCR consumables product line, with particular emphasis on a customer-driven new product roadmap development plan and portfolio management for maximum lifetime value. The successful candidate will also drive revenue and profitability targets, price setting/margin strategies and provide day-day product management support to sales, technical support and operations.
- Actively participate and contribute to the Molecular Biology consumables portfolio planning and short/long term segment strategy development based on customer needs and market forecasts.
- Manage full product life cycle including product discontinuation strategies to ensure seamless customer experience and smooth revenue transition.
- Manage P&L financials and annual revenue and profitability targets of the portfolio, supported by global list pricing and regional discounting strategies.
- Provide direction and support to sales, R&D, market development, and operations, to maximize revenue and develop and execute marketing strategies.
- Identify, analyze and articulate market insight, competitive threats, customer needs and drive successful development and delivery of a market leading customer purchasing experience and product portfolio.
- Drive development of product roadmaps that successfully merge voice-of-customer with technology developments. Develop new product offerings following the Product Commercialization Process. Create and deliver launch plans for new products, on time and on budget.
- Create compelling value propositions that effectively match our core business strengths to market needs and work with market development to develop/deliver specific marketing messages to stimulate demand.
- Partner with regional marketing and global market development teams to use market research and voice of customer feedback in specific regions and customer segments to understand dynamics of market evolution and competitive forces to maintain competitive advantage. Leverage information to drive revenue growth plans.
- Identify, establish, and manage strategic partnerships, including global relationships with customers, suppliers, and industry opinion leaders.
- Identify and report competitive situations and translate into plans of action.
- Create, coordinate, and deliver sales training and proactively communicate with management on the product portfolio, its performance, and any changes in the market or competition.
- Masters Degree in Life Sciences or a similar.
- Minimum 3 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience with financial modelling or data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results.
- Proven record of successfully introducing products/product lines into the market.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills (PowerPoint and Excel expertise).
- Self motivated with a track record in executing both short and long term plans.
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated track record of successful customer interactions.
- Ability to distil customer requirements, understands competitive strengths and weaknesses, and develops compelling product offerings and value propositions and addresses competitive threats.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships cross functionally.
- Able to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and address problems of diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
- Experience in PCR and qPCR applications.
- Specific knowledge of the Molecular Biology market (products, technology, competitors, customers, and techniques).
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to present high-level information to multiple audiences, including scientists, executives, and non-scientific personnel.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including international.