Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s, etc.) to the Area Supervisor.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Refer to job specific job Safety Analysis.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Report property damage and /or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management immediately.
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or Lead.
- Demonstrate job functions to coworkers as needed.
- Continuously monitor product for defects.
- Assist with inventory process as requested.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers in all departments with little supervision to achieve team, department and company goals.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. This includes all assigned equipment.
- Accurately dispense required additives to media and properly perform technique of getting pH balance as needed.
- Package products as required.
- Complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental schedules.
- Obtain correct materials for operation needs from warehouse or staging area.
- Read, understand and complete required documentation. All paperwork shall be accurately and neatly completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for insuring the safe and proper performance of procedures associated with the production line you are working on.
- Organize production flow, making sure that materials are available, estimating progress of line, and scheduling breaks while corresponding to production time schedule.
- Must be able to communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language.Must be able to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications.Must be able to perform basic math.Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull up to 600 lbs wheeled kettles.Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day.Ability to see and distinguish colors.
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com