When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
A Production Operator II is responsible for filling and packaging IVD products in a cGMP environment.
- Executes the daily production schedule for Filling, Labeling, or Kit Packaging using manual and automated processes.
- Follows standard operating procedures and good document practices.
- Works as an individual and as a team member to ensure all assigned tasks are completed on a daily basis.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Communicates status updates to department Leads and Supervisors.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to various temperature conditions and the company provides the necessary PPE assigned to that task.
- The employee will be required to work near or around moving mechanical parts. PPE assessments, SOP and JSA serve to guide in providing the necessary safety protection guidelines for employees that may exposed to hazardous chemicals.
- The noise levels in the work environment do not exceed the OSHA permissible limits however ear protection is available upon request.
- Ability to work in room temperature to – 20 ºC.
- High school diploma from an accredited institution, or equivalent with at least 1-2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- College degree is a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.