Senior Manager, Market Research & Intelligence
The Senior Manager, Market Research & Intelligence is a key strategy partner for the CMD business. He/she is responsible for designing and delivering quantitative data analyses to address business issues, synthesizing customer research insights, and guiding strategic decision making for the Chromatography and Mass Spec Division. He / she will lead the analytics process to identify brand and market issues, opportunities, and customer needs through appropriate customer-level data analyses; develop insights and effectively communicate actionable recommendations to senior leadership, and provide brand perspective on overall portfolio and business-unit initiatives.
- Update market research regarding the market changes, customer needs and competitive situation.
- Serve as strategic partner for CMD organization by conducting analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Provide business intelligence to Senior Leaders across the organization, which enable the targeting of strategic investments
- Focus on tracking and reporting out on competitive differentiation across a complex portfolio
- Map needs of target markets and support analysis of which market segments to proactively pursue or emphasize.
- Work closely with marketing managers to track macro-economic market conditions and develop plans accordingly
- Build standardized reports to analyse the effectiveness of marketing activities, making recommendations to CMD Leadership team and helping identify trends or market movements which require action.
- Contribute and maintain business relevant input into business analysis processes such as CRM, data integration, operational reporting, as well as building ad-hoc reports & data mining exercises.
- 4 to 6 years experience as a Business/Financial Analyst or similar role focused on data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, marketing, or related focused. MBA desired.
- Exceptional analysis, communication, project management, and planning skills.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- Primary and secondary market research.
- Excel (Advanced/Expert), able to programme & build reports that tell a story.
- Experience with marketing and voice of customer VOC.
- Teamwork & able to work well with others in a complex matrixed environment
- A strong record building alignment in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of: 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, messaging and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, customer journey maps.