Field Service Engineer
UK Field Based – Covering M4/M40 (West of London, Oxford, Swindon)
Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service at a high level within the Life Science segment? If so, you might be the person we're looking for.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global biotechnology company dedicated to improving the human condition. Our systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific and medical advancements that make life even better.
You will become a part of the UK and Ireland Service team serving Thermo Fisher's customers mainly in The UK – but also elsewhere. Expect to be travelling approximately 50% of your time around the UK but also within Europe and the US.
- Performing service activities within guidelines and in compliance with internal and customer procedures and regulations.
- Installing, repairing, maintenance and instruction of use of instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations.
- Providing responsive telephone and on-site support and work to ensure that the customer is successful in the use of their instrumentation.
- Assuring a professional relationship with existing customers to achieve customer loyalty.
- Up-selling of service contracts and products via FLIP award program (Field Lead Incentive Programme)
- Identifying sales leads and passing to the Sales organisation
- Coordinating your own work schedule with relevant partners (service coordinator, manager, colleagues).
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your own activities: i.e. engineer reports, planned maintenance reports, installation reports, expense reports etc.
- Dedicated to the task and always updated on practical and technical knowledge at a high level Strong on the network part and good IT understanding.
- Can work independently, is service-minded and educational in the approach with customers.
- Troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Positive in nature.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well within a team.
- Professional background in Electronics or Biochemistry, engineering, life science or related subject
- May hold a high technical certificate level or an academic degree.
- Some past relevant experience within a service function.
- Strong English language skills required, verbal and written.
- Driving license required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com