About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- Be familiar with executing manufacturing procedures and/or protocols.
- Sequencing of DNA samples via Dye terminating sequencing.
- Perform PCR reactions.
- Purifying of samples and loading on DNA Analyzer.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Calibrate instruments as needed and complete necessary documentation.
- Investigate and communicate failures and deviations to supervisor and team.
- Prioritize team's workload to maximize daily output according to business needs.
- Make buffers, gels, and media as needed to support manufacturing functions.
- Working efficiently and in multiple teams to accomplish manufacturing goals.
- Execute and write Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or equivalent knowledge and experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience gained through Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Strong “hands-on” laboratory skills in molecular biology and instrumentation are a desirable, as is the ability to communicate effectively with people in other disciplines.
- Works in a team based environment. Is required to lift up to 30 lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.