About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and more than 55,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support
- Oversee all aspects of assigned projects including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk to ensure successful delivery.
- Proactively manage assigned projects, following the agreed upon methodology, to ensure milestones are achieved within plan including proactively managing execution progress, managing communications, reporting status, managing resources, managing change, removing impediments and resolving conflicts.
- Act as a servant-leader responsible for ensuring the team understands the flow of work, removing obstacles, and providing guidance to the team. Conducts appropriate project meetings and/or ceremonies to ensure the team to ensure projects are progressing to plan.
- Ensure projects are adhering to the company’s formal Project Management Framework (PMF), leveraging best-practices and are fully aligned with the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Ensure projects are properly progressing through the Software Development Lifecycle and delivered according to the corresponding program and/or product roadmap.
- Create initial project budget and seek funding approval following the company’s capital funding process. Manage the project budget throughout the course of the project providing monthly actuals and forecasts.
- Manage internal and external suppliers, stakeholders and customer relationships.
- Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in the discipline of project management as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas.
- Participate with management and other PMs in establishing best practices in project management methods and tools.
- A minimum of 7+ years of hands on Web/eCommerce project management and/or work in a formal enterprise IT PMO.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile Scrum and proven experience as a Scrum Master. PMP, SCM and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus.
- Experience in delivery of successful Enterprise level IT projects such as eBusiness, ERP, CRM, EDW, and mergers/acquisitions projects.
- Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain customer relationships
- Experience in managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools. MS Office, JIRA, Confluence.
- Demonstrated expertise with various industry PM methodologies including AGILE and Waterfall.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Effective ability to lead and train teams through sprint planning, retrospectives, and facilitation of multiple sprints within enterprise environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Thrives in a complex fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to Results/ Team Player
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Analytical Thinking/ Decision Making
- Adaptability/Interpersonal Communication
- Business Acumen/ Process Management
- Acts with uncompromised Integrity & Trust
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.