When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
• Applies Good Manufacturing Principles and safety work practices in all areas of responsibility
• Demonstrates and promotes the company vision of the 4 I’s: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and involvement
• Perform daily and weekly inspections on equipment and supplies
• Ability to troubleshoot and utilize analytical skills including but not limited to diagnosing/repairing equipment problems
• Communicates technical information of machinery and processes to necessary parties across the Operations, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Information Technology departments.
• Observes machinery to detect malfunctions and ensure the safe and effective operation of packaging machinery in compliance with our SOPs and customer specified work instructions
• Performs in-process adjustments on machinery to include but not limited to: Material/label roll changes, pen changes, Teflon changes, machine adjustments, assembly and disassembly of various machinery, reloading of components into auto-fed machinery, blow-outs, alignment functions, resetting of pre-programmed electronic counters, and the signing of machine logs for the cleaning and/or set-up of production machinery
• Reviews and understands both batch documentation practices and supervisor instructions and/or directions to perform the necessary packaging procedures required to perform basic job duties
• Assists quality assurance personnel and operations personnel in staging and reconciliation of components as required
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
• Areas of responsibility may include one or more of the following zones: Blistering, Bottling, Secondary or All Zones.
• High school diploma, or GED, Vo-tech or military experience combined with the ability to read, write and complete intermediate mathematics calculations.
• Experienced with manual and electronic measurement devices
• Possess the required mechanical skills/abilities in order to complete their assignments in a timely manner.
• Prior exposure in (1) or more of the following is required: electrical, electronics, machining, pneumatics or production equipment related duties
• Baseline level of mechanical aptitude to be assessed by testing
• Employees will also posses knowledge of Microsoft applications and supporting programs including (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Interpersonal skills needed to interact with employees at all levels up to and including management and clients
• Able to multitask and respond to shifting priorities
• Good communication skills needed, both written and verbal
• 2 years experience in packaging or production-type setting
• Training and Knowledge in Lean, Six Sigma or Practical Process Improvement with desire to improve machinery and business processes.
• Environment – Packaging Operations and floor operations.
• Physical Requirements – Lifting, standing, sitting, walking, and typing.
• Ability to lift and load up to 70 pounds of materials onto a machine.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.