About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Responsible for manufacturing product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products.
- Will perform media and solution preparation, maintain cell lines, small scale shake flask production, large scale bioreactor production, cell harvest, and conduct cellular based assays while utilizing aseptic techniques.
- Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience demonstrating laboratory techniques in a manufacturing environment or research laboratory.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials required. Experience in the use of basic laboratory techniques, including media and solution preparation, cell expansion, transfection, maintaining cell lines, antibody production, and cellular assays.
- Familiar with GE Wave bioreactor operation and harvest is a MUST.
- Experience with mammalian and insect cell lines.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills and critical thinking skills are necessary.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs will be required on a frequent basis.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.