• Mechanical assembly of a range of process mass spectrometers and analysers for use in industrial settings:
o Final configuration of externally produced components to meet customer specification
o Manufacture of cable assemblies and electrical installation of wiring looms
o Build of vacuum sub-assemblies with great attention to detail and, depending on requirements, to cleanroom standards
o Undertaking fault diagnosis with a view to ‘cure once’ – promote continuous improvement by sharing observations and knowledge with others, including the design team and external contractors.
• Maintain Health and Safety and 5S / Lean principles within the manufacturing department
• Ensure a continued awareness of the Manufacturing assembly schedule and work in an efficient and effective manner in order to meet the business commitments
• Filing reports and test results using a PC
• Undertake cross-training as well as providing training to others in the department, to ensure continued cover of all skills and roles within the small team
• The Winsford site is committed to continuous improvement and the Manufacturing Technician is expected to play a key role in this, in recognizing opportunities and pushing through to action.
• From time to time, there may be a need to undertake overtime at weekends.