Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Cambridge
- Conduct site operations in accordance with terms and conditions of program contract and Statement of Work.
- Drive account strategy to achieve annual operating plan goals for revenue, service footprint growth, margin expansion, and account retention.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with clients, service vendors and Thermo Fisher staff.
- Responsible for customer allegiance.
- Drive business review process, ensuring customer and Thermo Fisher goals are met/exceeded.
- Execute effective data collection and analysis of customer metrics to include but not limited to financials, compliance, growth, and profitability.
- Support action plans and tracking mechanisms to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory guidelines are met specific to asset management and services program to include all facets of inventory management through provided tools.
- Responsible for accurate data input to Resource Center database to include service requests, work orders and purchase order information.
- Support problem resolution and escalation at account as needed.
- Monitor all service activities and escalations to include, timeliness, accuracy, and quality
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date service and financial documents for service contracts. Ensure vendor compliance.
- Resolve service billing issues, questions or credits.
- Obtain and review field service reports and invoices for financial accuracy, technical remediation procedures, and completeness.
- Search and provide alternate methods of service or parts in alignment with account strategy and promote alternate service providers with an emphasis on Thermo Fisher Scientific self performed.
- Follow established, approved procedure for high dollar repairs, issue High Dollar P.O. numbers and monitor high dollar repairs as they progress up to and including call follow up.
- Adhere to all Thermo Fisher and customer security and safety procedures.
- Support opportunities to identify and leverage other Thermo Fisher products and services.
- Participate in PPI project teams as assigned to improve business performance.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned by Thermo Fisher management.
- Travel to multiple client locations as applicable to support account needs (< 5%).