Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
For our Sales- and Service organization Microgenics GmbH we are currently looking for a
Financial Controller (m/f)
Region: Hennigsdorf bei Berlin
In this position you will be working within a high performing Finance Division of a complex US multinational business. This important and challenging role will see you assume full ownership of all the accounting requirements for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Microgenics legal entity in Germany. As a single contributor you will be responsible for delivering the monthly accounting, reconciliations and reporting according to German and US GAAP requirements.
• The production of monthly Financial (Hyperion Pack) and Management Accounts (management reporting pack) within agreed deadlines.
• The preparation of the annual budget and monthly/quarterly forecasts for multiple entities.
• Ensure SOX compliance.
• Provide strategic insight into variances and business issues, monitor subsidiary spending and ensure quality systems, controls and best practice.
• Oversee all tax and regulatory/compliance issues.
• Perform all inventory accounting (including standard cost analysis and implementing costing rates) and reporting functions, including E&O provision calculation.
• Monitor Purchase price variances for repeated variances or potential costing/bill of material errors. Drive material cost, bill of material, and planned price changes as required, ensuring accurate standard costing.
• Analyze and present financial results of various high level accounting projects.
• Work very closely with the internal Shared Service Center in Paisley, Scotland.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
• Fully qualified Professional Chartered Accounting Qualification (or similar) for Germany is required.
• Proven accounting experience in a Financial Accounting role with Big Four background preferred.
• Analytical (FP&A) experience.
• Sound MS office skills, especially spreadsheet related.
• Solid ERP system experience, SAP preferred.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a number of internal and external finance stakeholders.
• Ability to grasp complex ideas quickly and communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to work with a fast paced and hands- on attitude.
• Well organized and able to prioritize tasks and manage the variety of tasks associated with this "End to End" Finance role.
• Fluent English and German (verbal and written), additional languages are beneficial.
• Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization.
• Outstanding career and development prospects.
• Company pension scheme.
• Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to
our singular mission.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.