Incoming Quality Inspector
Thermo Fisher Scientific, X-Ray Source Manufacturing Facility located in Colorado Springs, Colorado is seeking an experienced Incoming Quality Inspector. The Incoming Quality Inspector positions reports directly to the Quality Manager and is directly responsible for ensuring fabricated components and assemblies adhere to quality inspection requirements, documenting results, adhering to AQL standards and reporting statistics data on supplier quality.
- Must be competent in the use of hand measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, etc.
- Must be competent in the use of a Coordinate Measuring Machine for complex geometries and difficult measurements. CMM Programming a definite plus.
- Must be able to read drawings, understand geometric tolerance, and terms such as tolerance stack up, run out, etc.
- Must be able to work with small components using microscopes, tweezers and gloves.
- Must be committed to continuous improvement and capable of managing multiple activities in fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word. Experience with ERP system a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and able to work with multiple levels of management, engineers and product personnel in a lean environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in incoming inspection role.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills that allows individual success in a very results-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and team participation skills in an environment of multiple disciplines and varying skills requirements.
- Ability to communicate activities (both wins and losses) effectively at all organizational levels.
- Analytical problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.