Specialty Diagnostics Group
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
We are looking for an a collaborative, organized, proactive individual with a strong attention to detail to support members of the executive team for the Clinical Diagnostics Division based in Fremont, CA. The ideal candidate will be professional, personable and poised in interactions with internal employees as well as the external customer. This position supports multiple executives and requires excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and proactive thinking and actions. Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global business and the Administrative Assistant must be able to schedule meetings and and handle travel logistics while taking into consideration global time zones.
The position also works within a team of administrative assistants and reports to the Administrative Manager. The Senior Administrative Assistant must demonstrate the ability to represent the executive office professionally in a way that is consistent with Thermo Fisher Scientific culture (integrity, innovation, intensity and involvement).
- Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the executive team including: managing complex schedules and activities; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that can be confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans (both domestic and international), itineraries, and agendas
- Coordinate and support (itinerary, agenda, slide deck, materials, communication) for key leadership meetings and events
- Support customer facing programs and logistics as needed.
- Maintain professional and courteous verbal and written communications with all internal and external audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate easily with business partners and all levels of employees
- Create and support communications for division-wide distribution
- Act as backup for other assistants, as needed
- 2-3 years of experience in an role requiring administrative support
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized and diligent
- High sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects/tasks with deadlines
- Experience handling confidential material with the utmost discretionExperience with video conferencing tools (such as WebEx, Skype, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)