When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Lead Depot Service and Pipette Calibration Technician, provide support for the Repair, Preventative Maintenance and Calibration of Thermo Fisher Scientific and other manufacturers mechanical and electronic Pipettes.
- Provide Pipette repairs and preventative maintenance to all pipette makes and models as requested by our customers, including but not limited to:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Vista Labs
- Communicate with customers on service subjects such as quotes, issues found during repairs and updates to purchase orders based on approvals by the customer.
- Managing Work Orders in the CRM to ensure that work completed on a customer asset is documented sufficiently to provide a service record for the asset.
- Provide calibration support to the Calibration Lab for all makes and models of pipettes, including support for ISO 17025 accredited calibration certificates (ISO 8655).
- Follow and help define all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Reference Standards associated with Depot Service and Calibration Laboratory operations.
- Directly support the Lead Depot Service and Pipette Calibration Technician with implementing new process and procedures to continuously improve the performance and quality of the service group
- Associate degree or 6 years work experience in an engineering related fiel
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Experience in customer engagement
- Good computer skills including an understanding of Windows, Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to learn and develop new processes within our CRM application (Salesforce.com experience, a plus)
- Oral and written communications skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Experience within an accredited (ISO 17025) Calibration Laboratory, a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.