An exciting chance has arisen to join our Inside Sales team working on a 6 month European project to accelerate sales of our eBioscience portfolio.
We offer a unique opportunity to work with some of the most exciting products within biotechnology. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position, in an international environment. This position is designed to promote the development of the successful candidate.
The primary functional objective of the position is direct contact with customers, to initiate and develops relationships, which will ultimately generate sales. It is through these relationships that we will achieve the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific. As an Inside Sales Rep, you will be using the telephone as your primary tool.
The position is temporary for 6 months and will be based in our Paisley office.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully manage the sales of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan
- Coordinate sales processes for assigned accounts for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relation’s management software (Siebel CRM)
- Utilize data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which include emerging customers
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for product information and sales presentations
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via daily interactive updates, monthly summary reports and other communication vehicles
- Coordinate contracts/quotations within Company Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin/revenues with guidance from Management and/ or marketing
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Recognize and identify new customers through analysis of research and funding
- Manage and close sales leads generated by colleagues in Marketing and Technical Support
- Minimum BSc within Life Sciences required
- Some experience from a sales function in relevant industry would be very beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong capabilities to interface effectively with all customer types
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or similar programs required