Job ID :
US - California - Remote / Field
- Perform complex calculations based on Molarity, percent by volume, dilutions, ppm, and ppb
- Prepare high quality specialized media, including buffers, microbial agar plates, mammalian cell culture media, and antibiotics (provide shipping assistance if needed)
- Perform specific tasks associated with media prep, including but not limited to pH titration, osmolality adjustment, sterile filtration techniques, and aliquots
- Verification, calibration, and use of common and specialized lab equipment including, but not limited to magnetic mixer, hot plate, micropipettes, autoclave, balances, laminar flow and fume hoods, pH and conductivity meters, osmometers, Blood Gas Analyzers, vacuum filtration, peristaltic pumps, and Nitrogen gas lines
- Verification of peer calculations, technical documentation, equipment log books, and approval of completed documents
- Technical writing of all media prep documents in standard Media Request procedure format. May use electronic document database to author, route, and review technical documents
- Perform equipment verifications and calibrations & archival of all document database
- Promote a safe work environment and participate in projects to provide cost savings and job training methods
Additional GLP Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or perform high quality GLP media GLP equipment verifications and calibrations
- Verify GLP equipment and log book entries, including calculations
- Perform quarterly GLP chemical inventory review following customer SOP guidelines
- Fully trained on equipment monitoring for CEMS.
- Maintain Good Documentation Practices by following customer SOPs
- May serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for GLP regulatory procedures for new or existing GLP client groups
- Verify and determine the regulatory status or all requested GLP media requests & GLP training
- Maintain a current resume with up to date job title, description, and dates, in the Unity Lab Services binder. To be made available in the event of a regulatory audit request
- Participate in PPI projects to eliminate waste and increase productivity
Additional Lead Responsibilities:
- Reviews site employee practices and coaches to reduce/eliminate potential errors
- Act as main point of contact in ULS Supervisor’s absence, including responding to client requests, cross functional issues, or ULS staff concerns
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills and analytical thinking
- Provide leadership to the group by setting an example for good documentation, correct practices, and good time management skills
- Participate in and lead PPI projects to eliminate waste and increase productivity
- Facilitates and directs team meetings and assign projects to peers as needed basis
- Provides extensive training and guidance to others and acts as a Subject Matter Expert within the group
- Perform Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
- Must be able to work with carcinogenic, mutagenic, and irritant classified chemicals including Sodium Azide and Thimerosal
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
- Must possess a minimum Bachelors Degree preferred or 2+ year’s equivalent experience in a lab setting. Education in Life Sciences and familiarity with scientific lab environment including basic concepts such as units of measure for solids and liquids.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 1-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services as well as in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.