Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Supporting a 4,000+ highly matrixed, multi-channel Global Commercial Operations Organization, coordinating across divisions, regions, countries, HR COE & HRBP functions, to deliver Talent Management Organization Development globally.
- Serve as a change leader, including developing and embedding change management and communication principles, processes and plans into business outcomes; identifying improvement activities and metrics for success; and monitoring progress and adjusting accordingly and facilitating / developing positive change skills and capabilities throughout leadership talent to enable resilience and adaptability while embracing change and innovation.
- Establish and drive talent & high performance commercial culture for Global Commercial Operations organization.
- Establish and drive quarterly commercial performance operating mechanisms and enablement platforms & tools.
- Develop and facilitate global capabilities planning process, aligned with division, region, country business strategies, to identify longer and mid term capabilities plan, aligned to 1-3 year workforce strategy
- Own and execute HRR process across Global Commercial Operations, well aligned and integrated with the Division Presidents.
- Ownership for capabilities/competencies/skills assessment and development aligned with identified capabilities plan gaps, surplus and alignment map.
- Develop and deploy learning and training strategy to enable a high performing commercial organization, including close partnership, alignment, delivery and execution of sales academy and sales force and marketing effectiveness training, tools and initiatives.
- Stewardship of top talent and leadership development strategy, deployment, and leadership skills enablement.
- Establish and manage all talent development and mobility operating mechanisms to facilitate talent pool development, succession readiness, and rotation management, including expatriate management.
- Facilitate Organization Design, Commercial Career Pathing, Organizational Effectiveness & PPI projects (Sales Operations/SFE process, competencies, roles, team alignment, development & enablement ecosystem).
- Drive overall culture, engagement and D&I strategy and deployment across global commercial organization.
- Align selection criteria, capabilities and skills for executive roles, and assess executive talent (internal and external) for senior leadership openings and accelerate executive onboarding. Provide assessment, coaching and development for leaders.
- Translate strategic business needs, capabilities and talent requirements into operational work plans, and ensure that work is allocated, monitored and delivered to plan.