- Assists field service with difficult instrument issues:
- Uses technical expertise to guide FSEs and customers in resolving instrument issues.
- Maintains communication with FSE and customer to ensure understanding of status of a service event that they have become a party to.
- Provides courteous and knowledgeable response to technical issues, meeting commitments in a timely manner.
- Serves as a customer advocate and ensures that technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manages escalation of unresolved technical issues to higher level support.
- Becomes part of the escalation process from time of initial escalation until the closure of the escalated situation.
- Adheres to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
Mentors Area FSEs:
- Is an expert on LCMS and keeps current on the product line by frequent interaction with the product line specialists and commercial application teams.
- Integrates the knowledge gained from field issues into the factory and field service knowledge repositories.
- Keeps management apprised of service issues. Provides feedback on processes and procedures surrounding the product.
- In addition to mentoring FSEs, serves as a source of technical product knowledge and provides supervision as required in the course of this duty.
Manages Internal Processes:
- Enters various types of data (i.e. service log, procedural information, knowledge retention, etc.) into computer system. ).
- Supports the Quality System and Quality Policy by enforcing procedures/work instructions and creating records to meet the requirements of the Quality Systems.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 lbs. continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 60%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher in a scientific discipline such as chemistry, biology, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of equivalent job related experience, preferably supporting multi stage ion trap LCMS. Technical combined proficiency in instrumentation and applications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, self-motivational, & negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills, working across all levels, functions and regions
- Excellent Computer skills required.
- Regional and limited national travel required.
This is an area based field-based position that covers specific regions of North America so the specialist must live within that region, but may be called upon to assist other areas if the need arises.