This position is within our IT Commercial team supporting all the divisions of our Life Sciences Solutions (LSG) group. We are looking for qualified candidates to join our experienced team of Business Analysts who closely partner with our Business leaders across Commercial functions to deliver business solutions and return strategic value through our Thermo Fisher IT landscape. We are the key liaison between our LSG Commercial Business & IT Technical teams and have a passion for translating business needs into best-in-class systems solutions.
We are seeking a driven individual to support, influence and drive change including projects through PMO and PPI methodology, engage in new product introductions and integrations, design system applications & enhancements and ensure operational reliability of our core applications. We coordinate and facilitate the resources from our Thermo Fisher IT shared services and Corporate teams to drive results as ONE TEAM.
Candidates must have a unique set of qualifications that combine thought leadership with in-depth functional domain knowledge of Commercial operations including Quote-To-Cash, Customer Care, Order Fulfillment, Global Services & Support and Customer Experience. This role requires systems knowledge and experience including ERP, CRM, Mobility, Business Intelligence, eBusiness and more.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze business needs and translate into functional design requirements
- Serve as the conduit between the business community and the software development team through requirements, design, testing and implementation
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to recommend business process and technical systems solution options
- Manage projects from beginning to end, defining scope, project plans, budgets, resource requirements and schedules
- Participate in support function to resolve user related requests and execute operational excellence
- Analyze data to determine the root cause of issues (e.g. systems logic, business process issues, data quality, etc.) and communicate findings to the business
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Science or closely related field of study
- PMP certification or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial operations including Quote-To-Cash, Customer Care, Order Fulfillment, Global Services & Support and Customer Experience
- Systems knowledge in ERP, CRM, Mobility, Business Intelligence, eBusiness
- Ability to assume and complete assignments independently and on time
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application requirements
- Strong project management skills and thorough understanding of project management lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of leaders, subject matter experts, users and developers
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be results driven with excellent attention to detail
- Must be comfortable managing projects and timelines within a matrix environment
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills