Job ID :
United Kingdom - Ashford
- Provide vision, leadership and direction to create and maintain a high performing team, effectively managing and acquiring talent as required. Assign, direct and evaluate work; champion the development of employees and develop effective succession plans. Play a key role as a senior team player, ensuring own teams fully integrate with other teams on the site to maximize the high performing culture.
- Develop business plans for capital expenditure that maximise returns on investment and maintain and enhance the sites competitive edge
- Implement and sustain a culture of continuous improvement in analysing engineering department and infrastructure with specific objectives and targeted metrics
- Manage the site R&D team, develop the R&D process and work with the product teams to assist with new product design and identify improvements and capacity requirements for new products. Direct, review and approve product design and changes. Present and explain proposals, report findings and recommendations to management. Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- To lead the tooling function to ensure that it is operating at optimum efficiency to ensure that the production schedule is adhered to. Work collaboratively with the planning function to develop a tooling strategy that provides minimum production disruption but balances the repair and maintenance needs of the tools
- Liaise with department managers to resolve product issues, through root cause analysis and identify, implement and follow up, corrective and preventative actions
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for all engineering, maintenance, R&D and technical teams.
- Develop, lead on and support new manufacturing processes ensuring ongoing product and process improvements to meet ISO standards and production goals
- Prepare budgets, bids and contracts and direct negotiation of contracts. Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates
- Carry out service and equipment reviews completing a business case where applicable for capex authorisation
- As a key member of the Senior Management Team participate in all activities and leadership decisions across the site