Job Title: Senior Manager, Procurement
Requisition ID: 53452BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Senior Manager of Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) Procurement will continue the Company’s evolution in best practice procurement capabilities and organizational development. Procurement activities will be driven from a global perspective to continue to maximize leverage and overall effectiveness of supply.
The successful candidate for this role is a dynamic, high energy leader with a track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Establish and implement short and long term organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures
- Responsible and accountable for their AOP
- Drive all key performance metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Represent Procurement and Sourcing on the Divisional Operations Leadership Team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Materials Management, Business Logistics or a related area or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in purchasing / inventory planning with at least five or more years of experience managing Managers.
- Expertise in Purchasing, Supplier collaboration, development and compliance.
- Dynamic, high energy leader with a track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Persuasive leader with strong influencing skills.
- Superior analytical and computer skills with experience utilizing analytical tools (MS Access and SQL Server preferred) and databases along with an in-depth understanding of manufacturing (MPS/MR).
- Results oriented, metrics driven leader with a root cause, permanent fix approach, continuous improvement approach.
- Must have experience and be comfortable in a highly structured/procedural environment.
- 5-20% travel.
This position does not have relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.