When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Product Manager will provide leadership and execution for products across the Ion Torrent business of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This person will develop and manage a portfolio of on-market and new products. S/he will be responsible for development of product strategy, product definition, positioning, and product life-cycle management. Responsibilities include developing marketing plans and market research, leading new product development teams, managing inventory, pricing, customer communications and revenue forecasts.
Essential functions include:
Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, finance, and manufacturing teams Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation. Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, manage product launches and sales training. Work collaboratively with other members of Ion Torrent team to drive growth for the business segment.
- Must have proven ability to build relationships and guide teams which include representatives from multiple functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
- Must have experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Must have excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
Nature and Scope
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach. Strong business and customer focus are essential. Effectiveness in this role requires the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing Thermo Fisher Scientific' product development and marketing plans, and a general knowledge of operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products. The Product Manager must exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and is able to synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conduct presentations of technical information. Around 20% Travel (international and domestic) is required.
Demonstrated effectiveness in marketing, product management or strategy role including participating in market analysis, planning and new product development required. Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary. Business development skills and cross-functional team leadership experience preferred. The ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives and develop strong working relationships will be required for success.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements
- Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) business or life sciences. MBA or Ph.D. preferred.
- 1-3 years relevant experience, including experience in life sciences or pharmaceutical marketing, product management, market research, or strategy consulting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences required. Experience developing and presenting product marketing materials required.
- Understanding of genomics, sequencing, molecular biology products minimally with Next Gen sequencing experience preferred
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com