Responsible for selling, servicing and promoting all existing and new Microbiology Division products to food safety accounts including food manufacturing, reference laboratory, dairy, beverage, and government testing labs within the US as designated by the Segment Manager.
- Responsible for developing strong major account relationships at all levels of management for the purpose of growing sales of MBD product lines in the assigned territory. Develops and coordinates sales presentations and manages account development.
- Implements the company’s food safety selling strategy consistent with the organization’s long term sales and profit objectives.
- Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Sales Manager, Marketing and Finance. Provides the primary interface between the company and food safety accounts.
- Develops a business plan for each key account assigned; monitors and reports progress regularly. Monitors business progress and advises MBD management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized MBD Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals.
- Identifies product gaps and long-term business opportunities.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which is consistent with its long-term food safety account strategy
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution, inventory system and procedures to service food safety accounts.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Segment Manager.
- Report any new competitive activities and/or products to the Segment Manager or Marketing Department.
- Work closely with Distribution partners in developing joint targets within food safety accounts where appropriate.
- Utilize IConnect to insure open dialogue with other business units within TMO to better position ourselves within Food Safety accounts.
- Conduct ones self as a professional representative of Microbiology Division, remembering that your conduct and appearance will be judged by our customers and the general public and that in many cases this will be primary only contact with the company.
- Microbiology Division is committed to providing a barrier free work environment for all employees. Employees are encouraged to submit in writing, to the Human Resources Department, any modifications or special accommodations deemed necessary to perform the essential functions of their job.
- Possess BA or BS degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology or life Science field or equivalent experience.
- Possess working knowledge of laboratories (preferably in food safety) through work history or previous sales experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and through distribution.
- Prior sales experience in the life sciences, with demonstrated successful sales track record.