Position Summary: Non-exempt position responsible for portfolio management of major accounts to achieve collection objectives -65%.
Recommends credit lines for approval by the Credit Manager 15%
Systems and collections training for assigned team members including structuring and implementation of pay plans and input on performance appraisals -15%
Approve bad debt referrals up to $ 5.000 and bad debt write off up to $ 1.000 Visit accounts to improve pay performance and provide input for quarterly business meetings and prepare reports for management. Primary back up for the Credit Manager and participation on departmental and cross-functional teams to improve A/R performance
- Supervise daily operations for collections and ensure all procedures are being followed.
- Evaluate and approve billing adjustments, special applications and write offs, and provide guidance in this area.
- Review and assist with reconciliations of customer accounts.
- Analyze collection reports and assist with collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Research and address complex customer issues and ensure issues are resolved fully and in a timely manner.
- Assist management with analyzing accounts receivable reports.
- Determine appropriate staffing needs and assist with hiring to these needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of problem solving and root cause analysis for past due balances
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Business. If degree is not in Accounting or Business, equivalent accounting experience required.
- 4+ years' experience as lead & development teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- SAP Collection System experience is requires
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize while paying great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and negotiating skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond to change in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers
- Experience coaching and guiding teams.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Excel experience
- Computer System knowledge
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.