Senior Manager Finance-Global Operations
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $18+ billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. With our scale and the variety of our business lines, when you join our team, you may work on the kind of complex projects you can’t find anywhere else.
What will you do?
An opportunity exists for an ambitious professional to lead the financial function for the Global facilities of the Molecular Spectroscopy Business Unit. This position will support the financial consolidation of operations at four sites (Madison, WI; East Grinstead, UK; Karlsruhe, DE; and Ecublens, Switzerland). The expectation of this role is that it provides finance leadership and business partnership to the Global Sr. Director of Finance and Global Sr. Director of Operations. The position will partner and guide the site operations with regards to implementing and developing finance strategies to achieve business goals, as well as taking responsibility for ensuring that agreed finance initiatives are planned, implemented as agreed, monitored, reported and achieved for global operations.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance is required
- An MBA and a Certified Public Accountant designation (CPA) are strongly desired
- 10-12 years of progressively responsible experience in Ledger Accounting and a Manufacturing environment is desired required
- Demonstrated aptitude in financial analysis, as well as a strong technical foundation in accounting
- Sarbanes Oxley experience advantageous.
- US GAAP experience.
- The candidate should have proven success in financial accounting.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Team player and self-motivated with good attention to detail.
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Good time management, ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure
- Confident presenter to Senior Management levels
- Flexibility to work as required at busy times such as month-end.
- High degree of IT literacy
- Financial accounting skills
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Understands the business, including products, markets, customers, operations, and driver
- Builds Customer Allegiance
- Focuses on growth
- Business/Financial Acumen
- Communicates Openly
- People development
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.