As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our IT team in Vantaa. Your main tasks will be desk side support (phone support, physical support at site, user administration). Your role also includes both local site and remote support, eg. desk support within the Nordic area. In this role you have the possibility to solve all kinds of tasks in a multicultural environment. This role reports to IT manager based in Sweden.
You are a team player who has strong communication and team working skills. You take ownership of your work and development activities in hand. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Desk side support (phone support, physical support at site, user administration)
- Computer management, setup/dispose according to the routines for Global Asset management
- User management and access handling according to the routines (On/Off-boarding, access granting/revoking)
- Backup/ restore management according to the current routines
- Local server management (hardware maintenance, file/print management, support application installations)
- Local network management
- Support corporate infrastructure teams from the local perspective acting hands-on on site)
- Maintain SOP's and routines within the unit
- Technician or Bachelors degree with technical focus or equivalent field
- 3-5 years practical knowledge and working experience within IT Infrastructure area
- Experience and practical knowledge in PC management and desk side support
- Experience in server management including VMware and NTFS, security group handlings are beneficial
- Experience in validated/regulated environment is an advantage
- Knowledge of cloud services is a big plus (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Very good communication skills and the ability to solve problems independently
- Good ability to explain solutions in a simple way to end users
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Ambition to develop him/herself in the future
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including a cover letter, CV and salary request. Please apply via https://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference 52403BR.
Application deadline by the 6th of September, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact
Leo Hakkarainen, IT Analyst, 0103292156 on 25th of August between 10-11 or 31st of August between 15-16.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.