May also be involved in the support of RFQs and RFP preparation as and when required, specifically x-referencing and referencing activity Liaise with Field Sales where appropriate to understand customer requirements regarding pricing, turnaround times and the potential of the account. Always ensuring we are working to the customer’s expectations and deadlines if different from the departments. Ensure all quotes are accurate prior to sending to the customer or uploading on to electronic platforms. Handles and responds to all types of customer service issues, orders and general enquiries through a variety of channels – including phone, e-mail, fax and web Identifies required products, including any additional items necessary for use, optional extras and service options. Committed to developing a good high level of product knowledge. Participate in the departmental training plan and commit to a focus on continuous personal improvement. Takes responsibility for customer follow-up and communication. Owns customer issues and works with a wide range of stakeholders to solve them. Providing a high and efficient level of customer service. Strives to exceed set SLA’s and Individual/Department/Company KPI’s Empowered to resolve complex or difficult customer queries seeking support and clarification where appropriate and to make decisions on behalf of the customer. Handles all queries within the established best practice guidelines. Works collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to deliver customer centric solutions Is a customer advocate, passionately supporting their needs and ensuring their views and concerns are captured, resolved and escalated. Strives to continuously improve the processes they work with as well as how they deliver service to the customers, using defined company methodology. Effectively plans and prioritises workload on a daily basis to avoid backlogs, ensuring their Supervisor is made aware if any challenges arise.
- Build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external colleagues/customers
- Encourages and promotes good attitudes within the department and the organization
- Maintains a professional manner when problems/conflicts arise – seeks to find solutions, not to blame and takes ownership for making positive change
- Exhibits appropriate behavior and language at all times on job or at company events
- Openly provides and receives constructive feedback – uses this positively to improve and expects the same from their Supervisors/Manager
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve problems
- Effectively perform your duties whilst acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Works proactively in the ‘one team’ framework ensuring that cover and support is provided whenever necessary
- All written communication to be well presented, professional clear and concise.
- Displays active listening skills to internal and external customers.
- Handles each customer contact enthusiastically and treats each one with a positive and professional manner. Seeks to improve through focused training and feedback
- Communicate effectively with customers, sales force and colleagues all relevant information and issues, e.g. key customer issues, quotation outcomes, customer information and demonstration requests.
- Monitor and communicate quotation acceptance to all relevant parties and complete business reports as required.
- Seeks appropriate data/information before making any decisions
- Is proactive in presenting solutions, not just problems to others
- Exercises good judgment that benefits the business/customer when reaching conclusions
- Constantly looks for opportunities to prevent problems, not just react to them
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours to meet the business needs
- Willingness to visit customers, attend exhibitions, training events and meetings (which may involve overnight stays)
All other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a multi-channel customer service environment (non-negotiable)
- Track record of being able to multi-task and work in a flexible work environment
- General business acumen
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders (non-negotiable)
- Experience in Microsoft office (non-negotiable)
- Understanding of a supply chain environment and how to work collaboratively with the Supply Chain team in CS
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to customers (non-negotiable)
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills (Non-negotiable)
- Strong GSCE results including Maths and English, or equivalent
- A-levels and or degree desirable.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodology