This position is a part of the Customer Channels Group (CCG) HR Generalist team and will provide core, common and consistent HR solutions to the CCG Shared Services employee population and provide large scale project support to the CCG Generalist team. Under the direction of HR leadership, this position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resource functions including: positive employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, recordkeeping, training and development, compensation and performance management.
- Provides HR solutions support, process knowledge advice, and consultation to functional leaders, business leaders, and line management.
- Proactively work with management and leadership to identify organizational needs and create action plans to address them.
- Coach managers in assigned business unit/client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and complex employee issues in order to strengthen overall organizational capability. May coach employees on people management, career development, personal leadership, and 360 assessments.
- Partner with management to understand business goals and people implications.
- Plan and operate independently when making decisions for client groups, utilize Sr. Managers as sounding board for complex issues and approvals when necessary.
- Participate in the broader CCG Generalist team to drive Core, Common and Consistent HR solutions such as process improvement as well as lead or be part of other broad scale HR projects and initiatives.
- Conduct Employee/Labor Relations investigations and provide recommendation for resolution.
- Promote use of iConnect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
- Collaborate with COE Experts to execute and implement large scale HR initiatives (i.e. roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Drive recruitment efforts within established division guidelines working with the Talent Acquisition COE. Partner with managers in establishing hiring and compensation strategies.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and conduct local on-boarding for new hires or transfers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May need to travel up to 15% of time.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or business related field.
- HR certification preferred.
- 4+ years human resources generalist experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of labor and employment laws (e.g., NLRA, FMLA, Title VII, FCRA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, HIPAA) and other HR concepts. Compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrates personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development.
- Keeps commitments; exhibits candor and courage - is not afraid to establish a visible presence and point of view, to engage in spirited and constructive debate, to hold others accountable.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Solid experience and expertise using HRIS.
- He/she should be someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.