When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world
Laboratory Chemicals provides smart chemistry solutions for research, biotech, pharmaceutical, diagnostics and industrial customers. We offer reliable, industry leading products and services through internal expertise and through partnerships with leading providers of chemical technology. We deliver high-quality, customer-focused, optimized products and solutions through our extensive global distribution network.
Reporting to the VP HR, Laboratory Chemicals, the Director, HRBP will be responsible for the design, implementation, and on-going execution of human resources initiatives and programs that align with and support the business strategy. The primary mission will be to support the North America Commercial Team along with the Global Marketing Team (US,UK) with globally relevant human resources capability plan, and drive highly effective solutions from design to full implementation and execution that enable a high performing, highly productive and cost effective organization; involving the coverage model & workforce plan, capabilities assessment planning, gap analysis identification, assessment, selection, onboarding, development, retention, reward, and full engagement of a best-in-class workforce.
The successful candidate will work effectively across a highly matrixed environment, engaging and aligning business and HR stakeholders spanning LCP Global Commercial Operations, LSG Global Commercial Operations, Divisional Businesses and HRBPs, HR COEs, to identify gaps and opportunities, and together develop the go-forward winning organizational and talent strategy. The leader will also work closely with all HRBP/HR field team members around integration and work-stream planning through to successful execution and team assimilation.
The successful candidate will need to lead with cutting-edge innovation and quality, while demonstrating leadership agility and urgency across our global footprint. Knowledge of Life Science markets are important for success.
- HRBP responsibility for North America Commercial & Global Marketing Team.
- Core functional and HR operational program management providing global coordination and initiative program management across a global employee base and HRBPs, as well as Divisional HRBPs, to ensure core and consistent alignment and application of HR program work-streams through philosophy, process, programs and evaluation of program deployment/execution.
- For client groups, define the overarching HR strategic framework, and drive highly effective solutions from design to full implementation and execution that enable the identification, selection, onboarding, development, reward, retention, and full engagement of a best-in-class, high performance sales workforce
- Partner with peers, COEs, and HR field, along with Commercial Operations, to influence the implementation of the appropriate coverage model, building capabilities into the workforce of the future, aligned with internal and external benchmarks with highly competitive edge
- Partner with Sales Compensation, Corporate and LSG Total Rewards teams, as well as HR Business Partners to influence sales rewards strategies that sustain the right focus for peak performance
- Provide on-going direct implementation of world-wide HR programs aligned to global commercial excellence, partnering with and leveraging HRBPs across Divisions and Regions to drive and sustain implementation and execution
- Partners with Commercial Leadership, Divisions, Regions and HR COEs to identify and implement best-in-class programs, tools and solutions focused on talent development and performance excellence
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization with in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities and commissions HR solutions, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Leads with data and analytics, diagnosing root cause opportunities, making calculated and timely decisions, and taking full action to establish ROI, metrics, and manage programs that will support sales excellence and increased productivity in a prescriptive way
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required.
- At least 10-15 years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience supporting Commercial teams and multiple functions
- Acquisition and integration global experience.
- Experience building teams and managing in complex leadership matrixes
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies, including (but not limited to): salary administration and performance review processes; performance management; proactive employee relations; issue investigation and resolution; recruiting
- Experience managing field-based employees strongly preferred
- 5 years experience supporting global teams
- Experience supporting Commercial and Field globally dispersed teams
- Experience designing sales compensation programs
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders