Are you passionate about research and product development, and are you a polymer chemist with good understanding of the material properties of plastics? Can you picture yourself working within a team of dedicated cell culture scientists and technicians working to meet the expectations of our customers by developing new and better products?
We are looking for a dedicated Polymer Scientist to take part in R&D activities for development of plastic consumables laboratory products for cultivation, sampling and storage of cellular material.
Applying your technical knowledge you will generate and evaluate concepts for new laboratory products to advance the site’s polymer and surface modification toolbox. You will be participating in various product trouble shooting activities, and you will apply your polymer expertise in verification and validation trials as part of new product development activities.
Based in Roskilde the position will include travel activities to research partners, customers and other facilities in support of research and product development, and will provide access to a large internal scientific network.
- Lead, plan und undertake R&D projects
- Develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications
- Ensure deliveries in a timely manner and as per requirements, objectives and targets set
- Liaise with peers, plant personnel and other functions in the identification, development and implementation of new product concepts and/or surface modification technologies
- Develop, implement and perform verification and validation studies, as well as other studies in support of R&D objectives. Generate data to quantify technical feasibility
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the science and technology areas specific to business units areas of interest through a combination of internal/external networking, internet/literature/patent surveys
- Pre-form data analysis and write reports as needed in support of regulatory filings and internal communication
- Train and transfer new methods to other employees
- MSc. Or Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry (plastics) with a proven record of at least 3 years working experience from an industrial related research laboratory working in the inter-phase of polymers and cell culture
- Knowledge of polymers and various surface modification technologies applicable for cell culture and immunological applications
- Innovate and entrepreneurial mindset – someone who will ask questions and solve problems – someone who will reach higher and dig deeper
- Strong creator of new ideas/product concepts
- Strong problem solving skills, being able to identify roadblocks and suggesting alternative approaches to overcoming issues and problems
- Ability to summarize and transform data into action plans
- Ability to lead projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas on-site as well as between countries
- Good strong communication skills in Danish and English adept with communication at all levels as well as with customers /stakeholders in a professional and effective manner
- Capable of translating and communicating complex information
What we offer
- A career in an international company with global impact
- Be part of exciting project to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning
- Cooperation with driven colleagues across business areas
- Opportunity to work with the best teams in the industry, ranging from international top level scientist to cutting edge process- and production teams and highly creative business- and marketing teams
Application deadline is September 9th 2017
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher and/or the position please contact Tina Marwood, Research Manager Cell Biology tel.: 23 63 57 23