Work closely with GSD business manager on marketing strategies and plans of related product lines, ensuring these map to country specific customer needs and requirements
To provide deep, ongoing analysis and understanding of China market dynamics and to provide high-level technical & product knowledge and expertise to support sales team to facilitate competitive success.
To be a Microarray product champion through product management, preparation of sales tools, delivery of seminars, demonstrations & active participation in the selling process.
To identify key opportunities through market research, business development to drive growth and increase market presence
This role is equally focused on driving sales revenue by field sales engagement and developing/executing product marketing plans in alignment with Microarray marketing and business plan
Works closely with sales team/distribution channels/market development team to identify market opportunities, and ensure the field is adequately updated with product knowledge to function efficiently and effectively.
Act as the primary source for technical information regarding products and applications
Play as a key liaison and build up two- way communication between global business unit and field organization
- Develop and execute marketing promotions plan for Microarray related product lines
- Provide local guidance for positioning and identifying target customer, participate in strategic marketing planning for specific product lines particularly for new product introductions or penetration of new market segments.
- Proactively monitor marketplace –Work with local sales and application team to ensure that competitive information is fed back to the businesses in a timely way.
- Overall responsibility for creation of all tactical pieces including: Ads, promotions, brochures, flyers, web copy, e-marketing and press releases. This may be done in co-ordination with the Marketing Communications person
Product Portfolio Management
- Provide input to quarterly and annually product forecast for existing products in conjunction with sales manager
- Maintenance of country specific price lists and quote templates
- Ensure that sales, support and service are kept informed of any technical, or strategic issues that may affect their roles
- Providing Sales with applications advice, ensuring products are targeted appropriately to satisfy customer needs and expectations
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Product Management and Marketing Operation Skills
Extensive experience and understanding of life science, molecular biotechnologies, clinical/diagnostic products and how it can be applied in Life Science research, Applied Biotechnologies, Molecular Medicine or Molecular Diagnostics markets Strong knowledge and understanding of the relative strengths and weaknesses of major players in microarray market. Experienced in Microarray technology, application is preferred.
- Have strong communication skills. Must be able to listen effectively, yet be able to present information to broad audiences of various levels. Possess the ability to deliver presentations to both small audiences (customers) as well as large audiences (conferences/trade shows).
- Life science industry experience in molecular testing or clinical diagnostic market is preferred.
- Fluent English speaking and writing.
- Familiar with common office computer software and good in data analysis
- Be able to travel frequently within China to carry out primary responsibilities
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Master's Degree or above in a Life Science disciplines (Biochemistry /Molecular Biology /Clinical Medicine/ Clinical Genetics preferred).
At least 2-3 years marketing/technical support experience or product management experience in related market is preferred.
Familiar with Microarray technology is preferred.
- Decisive, disciplined, and creative person who can effectively advance the interests of the life science business across our platform of technologies with emphasis on the Microarray business.
- Team player who can effectively network within the company and in the field to generate productive cooperation where needed.
- Technically savvy individual who can earn customer respect and trust as they consider scientific purchasing decisions.
- Customer-minded individual with the empathy to understand customer decision factors
- Concise communicator with the ability to get to the critical few requirements that will advance sales opportunities and satisfy customer requirements.