When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Cutting Associate operates large and small cutting machinery according to company procedures and customer specifications on the product.
- Complete operation of cutting machines to include: maintenance of quality cuts, changeover and production levels.
- Pulling pallets of glass
- Feeding sheets of glass into the cutting machines
- Grasping and breaking rows of glass, weeding out non-conforming product
- Distribute large sheets of previously cut glass to breakers.
- Tagging pallets properly and fill out appropriate paperwork
- Set markings, change wheels as needed for quality
- Move piles of glass on table to area to break down into rows.
- Follow work orders to ensure quality product.
- Make decisions concerning minor adjustments to ensure best quality products.
- Move glass using crown lifts.
- Support and participate in PPI projects as requested.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Standing for extended periods of time during a 10-hour shift.
- Grasping glass microscope slides in large groups and moving them.
- Reaching for materials and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Pulling and pushing pallets using lifts and pallet jacks.
- Able to follow blueprints and drawings.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Basic math and computer entry skills.
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel and carry.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED from an accredited institution
- Background check and drug test required
- Preferred manufacturing background or equivalent transferable work experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.