When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Sr. Patent Agent you will leverage your IP expertise to support business growth.
- Extensive experience, with a track record of success, in drafting and prosecuting patent applications;
- Proven ability to perform complex IP analyses including product clearances, IP landscaping, and prior art searches;
- Excellent scientific and technical expertise;
- A B.S. or advanced degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related fields;
- Strong communication skills; and,
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Six or more years of experience preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications (writing samples will be requested);
- A track record of success as a patent agent (ideally also including industry experience);
- Experience with technologies involving nucleic acid analysis; and/or,
- Experience prosecuting patent applications in a variety of technology spaces.