As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 18 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 57,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Recruiter – Austria, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic
Position location: Austria
There’s a certain kind of energy and intensity here. You can feel it. It’s what happens when your job makes a positive, tangible impact for your clients, and the world we live in. It’s what happens when you work with a team that’s involved and innovative, it’s what happens when you work at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
We’re seeking a capable talented individual with real integrity and drive, who will want to be involved in building something very special. A person who is passionate about playing an active part in shaping the future – who won’t hold back if they think they’ve found a better way to help a client, support a colleague, advance our company, or save a life.
The Recruiter will have full accountability for attracting and hiring premier talent supporting our business for specific sites in Austria and across Eastern Europe, while always striving to provide a first class candidate and hiring team experience. You’ll serve as the functional advisory for Talent Acquisition, accountable for working towards the talent acquisition strategy for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
You’ll serve as the key advisor on best-practices in the Talent Acquisition world – from sourcing strategies to employer branding and everything in between. And, probably most fun, you’ll be an ambassador of our corporate culture, serving as a connector between teams, departments and people.
Provide professional level support and service in the selection and hiring of highly qualified talent across your region, and further across the EMEA region and different groups as business requirements may dictate.
- In conjunction with hiring managers in your client group, recruit, interview, screen and evaluate candidates. Coordinate direct sourcing and advertising (TA channels).
- Develop and maintain recruitment postings and regulatory reporting as assigned.
- Deliver a value add talent acquisition experience for all our candidates and customers including market information, talent pipeline, organisational design and thought leadership.
- Develop and implement detailed recruitment strategies and planning for all openings and more broadly to support workforce planning. Assist HR site personnel in developing similar strategies and implementing related issues.
- Work with our global university relations team to ensure that we focus on the right sources of emerging talent in your region.
- Assist departments and HR personnel in developing affirmative action goals and consult with hiring managers regarding those goals during the selection process.
- Participate in the recruitment planning process for Thermo Fisher Scientific globally.
- Contribute to the development of the recruitment toolkit.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at job fairs, industry groups, university recruitment etc.
- Participate in the talent planning process for your region. Provide input regarding positions that are difficult to hire or retain and assist in implementing resolution strategies.
- Plan event schedule for your region, and data to support decision making on employer brand spend.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
•Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
•Substantial and relevant experience from a human resources talent acquisition role, ideally from a highly matrix, global environment.
•Experience from direct sourcing of talent in region.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact well with all types of people in and outside of the company.
•Working knowledge of common HR concepts, practices and procedures is strongly preferred.
•Experience with IBM Kenexa ATS or other best-in-class recruitment tools is helpful.
•Strong relationship building skills essential.
•Ability and willingness to work in ambiguous situations.
•Accurate and with attention to detail.
•Self-motivated, independent, enthusiastic and driven.
•Must be fluent in German and English. Any additional Eastern European language highly appreciated
•Willing to travel when needed for interviews, career fairs, team meetings etc.
For more information about the position or Thermo Fisher Scientific please contact Dr. Peggy Klein, TA Leader EMEA-Central Region via email@example.com.