When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As an Administrative Services Specialist, you'll be at the center of fast-paced growth, using your stellar office and project management skills to support our Life Sciences Solutions Legal team. You’ll use discretion and diplomacy while working with stakeholders across the company, and your mastery of time management, logistics planning, organization, and attention to detail will rival professional planners.
- Daily calendar management for multiple parties with busy schedules
- Provide daily support to the Legal Compliance and Legal Operations teams
- Organize trips and carry out corresponding travel coordination needs
- Expense and invoice management
- Manage content on department collaboration and intranet sites to ensure stakeholders have access to the most current information
- Orchestrate Legal operating mechanisms to ensure connectivity and knowledge sharing within the global Legal community.
- Utilize the full suite of Microsoft Office products to prepare high quality correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Provide heavy spreadsheet analysis
- Coordinate small & large scale meetings and events supporting the Legal Leadership Team
- Responsible for maintenance of department supplies and shared spaces
- Responsible for maintenance of department policies and procedures
- Organize and ensure appropriate department document retention practices
- Support staff on special Legal projects
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience (5 or more years); Bachelor’s degree preferred. 5+ years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, professional office environment – experience directly supporting a legal department strongly preferred.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled and experienced in the art of organization and time management to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Must be able to interface effectively with diverse audiences including senior leadership.
- Ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed environment.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized, with analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to take on various assignments in a fast paced organization, and make recommendations with incomplete information.
- Demonstrates a bias for action and results, takes ownership of important issues, makes progress in ambiguous situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Advanced Excel skills, such as creating forms, macros, etc. strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success being keenly tuned in to customers, managers, peers, and others for strong teamwork and relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently to identify, analyze, and solve problems with creative solutions.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com