As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
SENIOR SOURCING MANAGER
We are now seeking a senior sourcing manager to our Operations organization in Vantaa, Finland. The Senior Sourcing Manager leads the Sourcing team in Vantaa Operations, which covers operative purchasing and material supply to production lines, supplier management, strategic sourcing and supplier base development and support for R&D and new product programs.
This role partners with functional leaders, global and division sourcing teams and stakeholders to integrate sourcing strategies and supplier requirements into the business. Sourcing team supports several Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses present in Vantaa site: clinical diagnostics, laboratory products and microbiology.
- Supplier base management and development
- Cost effective, timely and high quality material flow development
- Driving savings and supply chain improvement initiatives, creating roadmaps
- Development of the sourcing and purchasing processes and procedures
- Co-operation with R&D, Quality and other functions for the new product development and supplier quality
- Sourcing savings and KPI reporting
- Leadership and talent development of the Vantaa Operations Sourcing and Purchasing team
Required experience and qualifications:
- Masters or Bachelors Degree (preferably in Operations, Business, Finance or Engineering)
- Minimum 10 years of sourcing, purchasing or operations experience
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and practical application of the process to sourcing projects
- Proven track record in leading and implementing continuous improvement and/or lean activities
- Leadership experience and excellent leadership skills
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent co-operation skills and capability to lead and get results in international, multi-site environment
- Fluent, clear and concise communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP), sourcing and reporting tools
- Experience in IVD regulated operations and supplier management
We are looking for an experienced sourcing professional with strong leadership skills. You enjoy working with high technology products and driving daily execution and long term strategic development at the same time. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer a possibility to work in a motivating and challenging job in innovative and international working environment and to join us in developing our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 53887BR. Please apply by the September 10.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Eeva-Reetta Uitti, Sr Operations Director, mobile +358408021980, preferably on 25.8. 16-17, 4.9. 16-17 or 7.9. 15-16.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.