Anatomical Pathology R & D team has a new opportunity for an enthusiastic and bright Software Apprentice
Minimum Entry requirements = 7 GCSE’s Grade A*-C (including English and Maths), 2 A-Levels at Grade B or above in Maths, Science or Computing. Plus a Level 4 qualification in a related discipline.
We may also consider applicants without a Level 4 qualification in a related discipline. in this case, if successful , there is the opportunity for you to enter at Level 4.This would extend the duration of the program to 45-48 months. £7000 p.a.
BSc Digital & Technology Solutions Software engineer apprentice Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with subject matter expert product development teams including other software engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, chemists, scientists, technicians, technical leads, and project managers to support the software design, documentation, development and testing of anatomical pathology laboratory equipment.
- Develop software algorithms and data structures as required. Design instrument user interfaces and develop simulation tools as required.
- Define, set up, carry out and interpret testing, preferably employing automated test methods.
- Plan own workload, provide development effort estimates and provide reports against work planned.
- Adhere to company development process, coding style, revision control, configuration management, and documentation standards.
- Maintain existing software products across the instrument life cycle.
- Assist in the development and review of instruction manuals.
- Work with technical services to provide customer support.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant technology and engineering practice.
- Perform technical root cause analysis and corrective actions for given problems.
- Awareness of real-time operating systems (WindowsCE, FreeRTOS, Linux).
- Awareness of Database Management Systems.
- Conversant in microprocessor hardware and able to read electronics schematics and component specifications to design and code hardware drivers.
- Good IT skills to install and configure development tools.