When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Provide conceptual distribution center functional designs for both operational requirements and process improvements. The final concepts will result in equipment specifications, costs structures, etc.
- Manage capital assets and projects related to distribution facility maintenance and process improvement, to include price negotiation and contract execution.
- Accountable for cost, quality and service improvements across the network.
- Provide strategic direction in all facets of distribution center automation, material handling equipment, software (WMS, CCS, etc), building design, etc. coupled with an intimate knowledge of the supplier base.
- Analyze and provide solutions for cost reduction through process improvements and cost/benefit analysis. Utilize labor data to cost justify capital expenditure and process change ROI
- Identify capacity constraints to distribution centers associated with varying parameters within the supply chain.
- Recommend best practices across the distribution network utilizing MOST labor standard and simulation software. Oversight of network labor standards using MOST and full cycle frequency studies across all operational processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in distribution center engineering and project management.
- Progressive responsibilities in engineering and operations within a distribution environment.
- Solid negotiating and contracting skills; includes sound understanding of market costs.
- Demonstrated ability for developing and executing project plans across a variety of initiatives supporting multiple facilities.
- Strong analytical, financial and P&L skills required to succeed.
- In-depth knowledge of key distribution operations processes and current best practices.
- MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel skills, MS Access, and Visio.
- Experience with top tier Labor Reporting Systems, MOST and Standards Pro.
- Experience with Red Prairie, Manhattan or equivalent WMS.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed, up to 50%.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Effective communicator and facilitator including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across organization and to engage and influence others and provide efficient solutions for various business units.
- Project and program management expertise and PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
- Lean Six Sigma, BB or MBB certification.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams. Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect globally and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.