Job Title: Technician
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of
a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing
global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17
billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources
and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To prepare and test diagnostic products, reagents and intermediates using SOPs and Production documentation ensuring they meet performance specifications and GMP standard to deliver the departmental and organizational results in line with the site strategy.
- Preparation and manufacture of intermediate material and reagents
- Follow Production processes, SOPs and GMP practices to manufacture required reagents, buffers and immunogens
- Be responsible for the quality of manufactured reagents and completed documentation to ensure quality is maintained
- Ensure quality standards are maintained for all work performed
- Comply with all SAP transactions on work performed and be responsible for controlling inventory
- Comply with department and Company procedures including Health & safety and GMP
- To ensure all equipment is calibrated on time and in line with SOP’s
- Recognize and report procedural problems and deviations
- Participate in PPI (Continuous Improvement) programs to drive improvements across the site
- Participate in the planning of duties to ensure customers receive products on time and in full.
- Role model the Thermo Fisher 4I values and Operations competencies.
- Any other duties/projects as are responsible and within the skills and ability of the post holder
Technical Key Responsibilities may include:
- Microbiological and cell culture techniques
- Manufacture and optimization of antibodies
- Purification and conjugation skills
- Immunoassay and Agglutination techniques
- Ability to accurately perform calculations, follow procedures and complete documentation in a methodical manner
- Experience in a GMP laboratory environment preferable
- Experience/knowledge of laboratory techniques eg. ELISA, Agglutination, purification and conjugation desirable
- Be qualified to A level standard (or equivalent) in a science subject
- Action oriented – you must have energy for a challenge and take opportunities
- Decision Quality – has great attention to detail and a systematic approach to work and challenges.
- Communicates openly and honestly to others, gaining feedback from others
- Communicates appropriately and acts with integrity
- Technical learning – you must have the ability to learn new skills and acquire knowledge quickly.
- A perseverance to get things done with energy and drive even when faced with challenges.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.