When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The ideal candidate will possess experience, familiarity and mastery of chemical material handling, principles of chemical storage and site audit tracking, and inventory manage concepts. Metrics monitoring and reporting to supervisor level management.
- Complete Service tickets and resolve all non-working equipment and tools
- Maintain and enforce good housekeeping practices
- Capture and report productivity metrics to customer and company management
- Adhere to all customer operation procedures
- Maintain awareness of all functions of the site; sharing and appropriately presenting findings to Supervisor
- Receive and distribute facilities work requests
- Assist with procurement, installation and conduct/ coordinate maintenance on equipment
- Assist in ensuring compliance to maintenance contracts, SOPs and regulations
- Assist with light maintenance and furniture arrangement, hanging whiteboards, etc.
- Support receiving and invoices, in accounting software (Coupa)
- Conduct weekly walkthrough to ensure proper equipment operation
- After-hours responder for emergency response
- Additional Lead Responsibilities:
- Reviews site employee practices and coaches to reduce/eliminate potential errors
- Act as main point of contact in ULS Supervisor’s absence, including responding to client requests, cross functional issues, or ULS staff concerns
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills and analytical thinking
- Provide leadership to the group by setting an example for good documentation, correct practices, and good time management skills
- Recognize and escalate problems to the ULS Supervisor site management team
- Participate in and lead PPI projects to eliminate waste and increase productivity
- Facilitates and directs team meetings
- Assign projects to team on needed basis
- Provides extensive training and guidance to others and acts as a Subject Matter Expert within the group
- Perform Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS
- Participate in ULS leadership team for process improvements and implementation.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- . Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- serves as point of contact for instrument repairs.
- troubleshoot and perform minor maintenance/ repair,and coordinates calibration for laboratory equipment instrumentation such as Freezers,Incubators,etc.
- Utilize Denali system of record to track,schedule calibration and maintenance records for lab process equipment.
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 5+ years of progressive relevant experience preferred.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Must actively demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Experience in Chemical setting or Laboratory services preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must actively demonstrate ability and affinity towards leadership
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and use sound judgment to guide and determine appropriate actions and responses.
- Must possess and demonstrate a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must possess and demonstrate ability to think tactically to solve problems, resolve conflict and maintain the operation independently.
- Must be able to constructively provide and receive suggestions for corrective actions Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must be proficient with all computer systems and the Microsoft Office suite software.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works at customer locations in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- Will operate in areas where chemicals, reagents and gases are present (such as Acetonitrile, Propanol, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs. with assistance.
- May be able to use and safely operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and electric carts.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) including lab coats, safety gloves, goggles, face shields, respirators and masks may be worn in .
- Steel toe shoes are required while working onsite.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
**Not limited to conditions above**
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.