This position is primarily focused on customer service and inventory management. As a first point of contact, the Site Specialist must provide the highest quality service when responding to the needs of the customer. In a responsive and accurate manner, the Site Specialist processes customer orders, responds to requests for pricing and returned goods, provides knowledgeable product information, answers inquiries promptly, and, if appropriate, provides technical assistance. The Senior Site Specialist takes the lead in working with the internal team to resolve customer service and vendor/customer interaction issues. The inventory management activities will include processing orders in our Remote Inventory system and making manual adjustments to inventory.
- Process orders daily in RIMS system
- Run stock status and backorder reports
- Expedite backorders
- Create return goods authorization forms
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Computer literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program, especially Excel
- Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Effectively communicate with various levels of personnel at the customer site
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and courteous
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Effective problem solver
- Sound organizational and time management skills