Job ID :
US - Illinois - Mount Prospect
- Demonstrates and promotes Thermo Fisher’s values of Integrity Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Applies Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of responsibility.
- Comply with all safety regulations and conduct all activities in a safe, efficient manner.
- Reviews the Production Order prior to packaging and follows Room Leader/Supervisor instructions
- Successfully complete Tasks Competency Assessment for all equipments in order to independently set up and operates manual, semi-automated equipments (e.g., Shuttle and Rotary Card Sealers, Induction Sealers, Domino Ink Jet printers, Portable conveyors, CO2 and Light meters etc.).
- Performs GPM related tasks on the computer for signing in to job or other in-process actions.
- Accurately documents packaging activities in GPM
- Operates basic packaging equipment once it is set up by Packaging Technician III or Engineering Technician (e.g., Shuttle and Rotary Card Sealers, larger Induction Sealers, Domino Ink Jet printers, etc.).
- Monitors equipment for appropriate functioning during packaging runs and reports any major mechanical issues to Packaging Technician III, Engineering Technician or Supervisors/Room Leader.
- Performs primary manual or automated filling and packaging of blistered and bottled pharmaceutical products
- Performs and ensures proper card and drug placement using various secondary card sealing machinery
- Accepts, quarantines, or rejects on-process clinical supplies and drug products according to acceptability standards determined by Good Manufacturing Practices, customer requirements, Standard Operating Procedures, and Quality Assurance guidelines
- Labels, assembles and packages pharmaceutical products
- Performs final check of work in-process and finished products
- Performs scanning of labeled bottles/cartons/cards, etc. utilizing “PASS” system, when applicable.
- Accurately counts out and prepares packaging supplies to ensure proper accountabilities prior to and at the completion of a job order.
- Performs reconciliation and receiving in GPM
- Disassembles and cleans machinery in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs).
- Cleans packaging rooms in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs)
- Works with other departments to perform in-process inspections and other necessary tasks.
- Performs tasks that may be verified by an independent individual, or may perform inspection/verifications of work performed by others
- Must be able to work in both primary and secondary rooms.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Certification, including but not limited to filtering face masks, PAPR, N- 95 masks, half face masks and safety glasses is required for this position.
- Active member of PPI Initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Some weekday, weekend and holiday overtime may be required
- Must be able to speak, read and write (legibly) in the English language without assistance.
- Must have basic computer skills, to include, but not be limited to: data entry, log in/out, screen and program navigation, website navigation.
- Must have working mathematical skills for adding, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages.
- Must be able to stand continuously (95%-100%)
- Must be able to walk frequently (50% - 79%)
- Must be able to sit (up to 49%)
- Must be able to lift and or carry the max of 50 pounds frequently (50%-79%)
- Must be able to bend frequently (50%-79%)
- Must be able to squat (up to 49%)
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level essentially (80%-94%)
- Must be able to use both right and left hand for repetitive action, simple grasping, pushing and pulling and fine manipulation essentially (80%-94%)
- Must be able to use both the right and left foot for repetitive action occasionally (up to 49%).
- Vision requirements for this position: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision, peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three dimensional vision) and the ability to adjust focus.
- Personal Protective Equipment Certification (PPE) including but not limited to filtering face masks, PAPR, N- 95 masks, half face masks and safety glasses is required to perform this position.
- Must be able to problem solve/troubleshoot.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to work in heat/cold/ or dust environments frequently (50%-79%).
- Will be exposed to moving equipment occasionally (up to 49%).
- Must be able to work in damp environment occasionally (up to 49%).
- Will be exposure to heights occasionally (up to 49%).
- Must be able to work in damp environment occasionally (up to 49%)
- Will be exposure to heights occasionally (up to 49%)
- High school diploma, or GED, combined with the ability to read, write and complete basic mathematics calculations.
- Prior experience in packaging, manufacturing, clean room environment or equivalent is a plus.
Preferred Qualifications and Abilities:
- This position has internal contact with personnel in same department as well as associate and professional personnel in all other departments.
- External contact is limited to client personnel observing packaging operations.
- This position requires hand-eye coordination, manual and finger dexterity, attention to detail, and the ability to perform repetitive tasks, and ability to learn new tasks with assistance from supervisors and fellow employees.
- In addition, accurate counting and understanding of batch paperwork is necessary to ensure proper assembly of clinical supplies.
- Must be able to work independently or as a part of a team in the completion of assigned tasks, occasionally without constant supervision.
- 7.5 work hours per shift, additional hours as required. Additional shift and weekend overtime when needed.
- 0-5 % travel for work. Occasional off-site training may be required.
- Certain physical conditions may preclude an individual from performing these required job duties.
- Exceptions to these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but are by no means guaranteed.
- Development of certain conditions while employed in this position which preclude an individual from performing the terms of their Job Description and Essential Job Functions may result in reduced work hours or release from position.