Recruiter (In House) - UK & Ireland
Based On-Site – Basingstoke
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? If you have a strong recruitment background, preferably from an in-house role in a large company, then this could be the right opportunity for you.
We are currently building a great talent acquisition team in UK & Ireland and are now looking for a new talented colleague with real integrity and drive to join us on our journey. If you are passionate about playing an active part in shaping the future of talent acquisition and bringing in the very best talent to the company, and most importantly – you like to have fun while doing so. This is a great opportunity for you…
As a Recruiter based at our Basingstoke site you will be responsible for attracting and hiring premier talent across our sites in the South West, while always striving to provide a first class candidate and hiring team experience. You’ll serve as the functional advisory for Talent Acquisition, accountable for working towards the talent acquisition strategy for Thermo Fisher Scientific. You’ll serve as a key advisor on best-practices in the Talent Acquisition world – from sourcing strategies to employer branding and everything in between. And, probably most fun, you’ll be an ambassador of our corporate culture, serving as a connector between teams, departments and people.
- Provide professional support and service in the selection and hiring of highly qualified talent
- Work closely with a variety of hiring managers to attract, source, screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies and planning for all openings and participate in the talent planning process for you region
- Actively use social media to promote our opportunities, Employer Brand and EVP
- Plan event schedule for your site and represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at job fairs, university days etc.
- Build talent pipelines for key roles within your areas of responsibility
- Contribute to the development of the recruitment toolkit
- Support other colleagues within Talent Acquisition team as often as possible
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Substantial and relevant experience from human resources talent acquisition role, ideally from a highly matrix, global environment
- Experience from direct sourcing of talent in UK & Ireland
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence at all levels both internally & externally
- Working knowledge of common HR concepts, practices and procedures is strongly preferred
- Experience with IBM Kenexa, ATS is helpful
- Strong relationship building skills essential
- Ability and willingness to work in ambiguous situations
- Accurate and with attention to detail
- Self-motivated, independent, enthusiastic and driven
- Willing to travel when needed for site visits, interviews, career fairs, team meetings etc.
Please apply through our career site jobs.thermofisher.com. Reference: 54002BR.
Application deadline: Friday 1st September 2017
For more information about the position or Thermo Fisher Scientific please contact Jennifer Watt, Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition on Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.